Friday, December 18, 2015

Life's Challenges

About the life's experiences? I must say, I taste the sweetness and bitterness of it.

We were just an ordinary children raised by an ordinary family. Living not in a comfortable life. We were just house in a nipa hut then, with a kerosene lamp as a source of light when the night comes and a door made of bamboo, but we were happy since then. We don't have sumptuous food during meal time. Rice plus a combination of a brewed coffee and dried fish, those made us happy.


We are four and my father is a farmer while my mother stays at home who nurses us and do the household chores. All of my siblings graduated high school while my brother and I graduated as a licensed professional teacher.

Why I experienced sweetness and bitterness of life? We, my siblings and I experienced going to school with only minimal amount of money as our allowances then. We just walked going in and out of the school from home, almost 5 km approximately. During rainy season, we usually got soaked and sometimes our books and notebooks were torn due to heavy rains. But, during recognition day, we were one among the best pupils. Until secondary school, the same situation. We used to walk going in and out of the school from home for more than 5 km approximately. During those days, I wasn't able to join field trips and other tours organized in our school because we don't have enough money to afford the fees. I only have two pairs of uniforms to be worn from Mondays thru Fridays.
In order for us to join the field demonstrations, my parents need to borrow some amount of money to my uncle. It will be paid after harvest time.

 
I can't afford seeing myself working in a rice field, plowing tilted lands. I can't do those jobs since my body built is weak then. Upon finishing high school, I worked hard as a student assistant in a school where I enrolled college up to the time I graduated. I worked hard through the help of my colleagues and professors. Until I got hired as a teacher. After seven years of teaching in the public school, I got promoted as a school head. As of today, I am reaping the fruit of my hardwork. Thank you Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment